The E3 2016 has just recently been concluded and man, there were a lot of memorable things that happened during the event.
There were huge announcements, one after the other, and it really hypes up the coming months of 2016 and what is going to unfold in 2017.
In this article, I will highlight the most memorable things that happened in the E3 2016.
- Sony Announces Playstation Neo. Prior to the event, there were a lot of rumors stating that Sony is busy making an improvement over their current Playstation 4 game console. In the event, the rumor has been confirmed and they are indeed releasing a new game console in the form of the Playstation Neo. The PS Neo is a powerful game console that is going to support VR gaming. Although the Playstation 4 can already play VR, the PS Neo just improves the experience.
- Sony Announced 50 Confirmed Titles for 2016. Sony also announced that there are already 50 games that will be released during the remainder of 2016. Some of the titles are VR supported which means that you’re going to have an immersive experience while playing them. The majority of the titles will be released with the Playstation VR headset this coming October.
- Microsoft’s Huge Announcements. Man, Microsoft has dropped a lot of huge announcements. For one, they’ve confirmed the rumor of a slimmer Xbox One in the form of the Xbox One S. Next, they confirmed that they are currently working on the Xbox One’s successor called “Xbox Scorpio”. And third, they’re going to be implementing the Xbox Play Anywhere System soon. This scheme allows you to play Xbox games on the PC and vice versa. This is actually a great feature for both Xbox players and PC gamers as well.
- Nintendo’s new gaming Lineup. The future is bright for the entertainment company. Although they didn’t have a formal announcement, they did showcase some of their upcoming games. The one that really struck most Nintendo fans is the upcoming Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. The game is just absolutely incredible, both from the graphical standpoint as well as the gameplay. Other games include Ever Oasis, the new Pokemon Sun and Moon games, and many more. Nintendo America’s president, Reggie Fils-Aime, said that Nintendo is not totally engrossed on the idea of VR gaming. He also went on to say that VR gaming is not going to be mainstream anytime soon. The company is more focused on content rather than new technology. I hope that their mentality will pay off seeing that it was the same mindset that got them where they are right now.
- Bethesda’s plans. Bethesda, Fallout 4 and Skyrim’s developers, is also not shy of disclosing information about their games. Fallout 4’s going to get some new content this year with three huge DLC updates. The first DLC updates will be released next month while the others will follow suit. Skyrim will be getting a remastered edition with highly improved graphics and new additions as well.
The E3 2016 event had a lot of surprises and there are a lot of things to look forward to in the coming months. I cannot wait for next year’s E3.